Monday, May 25, 2009

First day as HOH

Today went well. V woke up with kids and helped make sausage and eggs for first time -- that's right, first time she's helped cook breakfast that did not involve a toaster or microwave and our oldest is 5. Shocked when she suggested taking a picture b/c I do this more often. I think she was suprised and a bit saddened that our 5 and 3 year old knew how to crack an egg and stir the bowl -- but she had never taught them or seen it. She is having a lot of realizations lately -- all for the better.

We went to my parent's home for Memorial Day. Her planned ideas went well -- kissing me, cleaning, clearing dishes, but her instinctive responses to me leave a bit to be desired. She is still naturally insulting and "above" me. . . she needs to really commit and it is not natural for her yet. But I know she is trying.

My family was SHOCKED that she helped clean up after lunch. SHOCKED. Made both of us realize how bad she has been. I was so proud of her for working on this today. Kind fo feel like I am helping a drug addict. As we work on it, I am realizing how far gone she was and how embarrising it should have been. . . but now i'm just so proud of every little step she takes. Even cleaning some dishes makes me proud and turned on by her. I'm trying to work on baby steps and not ask too much of her too quick, but I'm worried that I may be too soft. I have given her some warnings in the past 24 hours -- I'm torn between disciplining her for everything and warning her -- I'm warning for things she does not think of and telling herthat it is not ok. If I disciplined her for everything right now, she wouldn't be able to walk . . .so I think I will discipline her for knowledgable infractions and warn her 1 time for those that I know she does not even know about.

Setting up this blog may be very good for us. She has one too www.adoresHOH.blogspot.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment